There are ten uses
Don’t pour rice water!
There are ten uses
People often dump rice water when cooking, and think that it has no use. In fact, rice water can play a “multiple role” in daily life.
Rice water contains certain proteins, vitamins, and trace elements, especially the first one or two rice water contains potassium, and the rice water will show a pH value of 5.
It is weakly acidic at about 5. After adding table salt to medicine, it has the effects of clearing fire, cooling blood, and detoxifying.
Studies have found that rice water contains protein, starch, minerals and other nutrients, which can be used to wash the face, moisturize, and replenish after cooking. It helps to protect the gastric mucosa, eliminate food accumulation and improve indigestion.
Traditional Chinese medicine has also attempted to stir-fried rice with Chinese medicine as a prescription for regulating the spleen and stomach.
After boiling with rice water and salt, washing or rubbing the skin, it has a relatively mild cleaning effect on the skin, and can maintain the normal pH of the skin surface, inhibit the growth of pathogenic microorganisms, and prevent itching of the skin.
In addition, the first one or two rice waters will show a pH value of 5.
Weakly acidic at about 5, after washing twice, the pH is about 7.
At about 2, this weakly alkaline Taomi water is very suitable for cleaning items. It can replace soapy water to wash off sebum. In contrast to general industrial detergents, it has a moderate detergency, mild size and no impurities.
1. Washing hands with rice water can not only decontaminate but also make the skin moist and smooth.
2. Wash the dishes with rice water. In addition to strong detergency, there are no chemicals, which are better than detergents.
3. Before using the new casserole, wash it with Taomi water several times, and then add rice soup and burn it on the fire for half an hour.
After this treatment, the casserole will not leak.
4. The chopping board has been used for a long time, and it will produce a fishy smell.
You can add soak solution in Taomi water and scrub it with salt. The fishy odor can be eliminated.
5. Iron cooking utensils such as kitchen knives, spatulas, iron spoons, etc., can be immersed in relatively thick rice water to prevent damage.
If it has been worn, you can soak it in water for several hours to easily remove the rust spots.
6. Dish with fishy smell, add salted rice water and scrub, then rinse with water to remove fishy smell.
7, the meat bought back from the market, sometimes stained with lime soil, it is difficult to wash with tap water, if washed twice with hot rice water, the dirt is easy to remove.
8. Freshly painted furniture, some unpleasant paint smell, wipe it repeatedly with a soft cloth dipped in rice water to remove the paint smell.
9, white clothes soaked in Taomi water for 10 minutes, and then washed with soap, can make clothes white.
10. If the towel is stained with fruit juice, sweat, etc., it will have an odor and become hard.
Soak it in rice water and cook it for dozens of minutes, it will become white and soft.